Monday, March 5, 2012

Fearless Females Blog Post: March 5 - How My Parents Met

My daddy, Richard Aaron Robbins, told me he would never forget the first time he saw my mother, Iva Mildred Conley.  She was standing in a field of cotton and he remembered her big, brown eyes looking at him from under her sun bonnet as he went by.  I don't know how old they were.  It seems my blog entries often raise more questions, but that's one of the things I like about writing in my genealogy blogs. 
I know my mother's family lived in Lampasas County before moving to San Saba County, Texas and Daddy was born in San Saba County.  He was a year older than Mother, but Cherokee, Texas was a small place, so they knew each other all through school.  I wish I knew when they started dating.  I know after his graduation from high school in May 1928, Daddy went to Kerrville to work.  I also know Mother went to Draughan's Business College and did secretarial work at a granite company after she graduated in May 1929.  They married April 19, 1930.

No comments:

Post a Comment