Last year I was able to connect with Dean Moore in Alabama since I knew my great grandmother, Emily Elizabeth Moore married David F. Taylor in Fayette County, Alabama before they came to Texas. I also found Phillip Taylor had information on our Moore/Taylor line on Ancestry.com and that he and Dean had shared information. Based on documentation of one of Phillip's sources, I also contacted Josephine Sparks who generously scanned and emailed me dozens of documents she has accumulated about our Taylor line.
The DAR website states: "Any woman 18 years or older who can prove lineal, bloodline descent from an ancestor who aided in achieving American independence is eligible to join the DAR. She must provide documentation for each statement of birth, marriage and death, as well as of the Revolutionary War service of her Patriot ancestor." Arthur Taylor is the Pariot I'm researching. No one has become a member of DAR through him, but several have through his brother, Joshua. Here is what I have and don't have so far:
- I am the daughter of Richard Aaron Robbins and Iva Mildred Conley Robbins.
- Iva Mildred Conley Robbins was the daughter of John Franklin Conley and Nora Littie Inman Conley.
- John Franklin Conley was the son of Charles Conley and Amanda Ella Taylor.
- Amanda Ella Taylor was the daughter of David F. Taylor and Emily Elizabeth Moore.
- David F. Taylor was the son of Littleberry Grissom/Grisham Taylor and Frances T. Steele.
- Littleberry G. Taylor was the son of Charles Taylor and Elizabeth Potts.
- Charles Taylor was the son of Arthur Taylor and Celia.
- Arthur Taylor's Revolutionary War Service
When there are no birth, death, and marriage records, other sources must be used. The greater challenges will be finding documents to prove David was the son of Littleberry, and Littleberry was the son of Charles since census records before 1880 do not state the relationship to the head of the household and census records before 1850 do not list names of anyone except the head of the household.
I plan to post some related documents in future blog entries.