Monday, April 16, 2012

Matrilineal Monday - Lou Nora Robbins - Fun Times

 Curtis and Lou Nora on a tricycle built for two.  
The back of the photo was in our Aunt Lou's handwriting.

 
I remember Curtis telling me our Granny Conley taught him to swim and how much he trusted her.  He knew she wouldn't let go unless he was ready.  This picture was probably taken in Cherokee, Texas.

 
 It looks as though Curtis is enjoying this more than Lou Nora.  Perhaps it's because he's getting to hold the jack-o-lantern.  I see a little sprig of his hair sticking up and one pant leg is rolled up.  Interesting! 
 
By the look on her face, I'm not sure Lou Nora thought this pony ride was a fun time...

She's smiling in this one.  Love what Mother and Daddy are wearing at the beach!  A tie?  Really?  I remember looking at the picture and asking Daddy why we never took trips like that.  He said he'd done all the traveling he cared to do.  I wonder if they were there because he was preaching at a gospel meeting.
Bubble blowing contest!  Curtis is standing on the left and Lou Nora is on the right.  I don't know who the other girl are boy are.  Because the license plate has 47 on it, that must have been the year the photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment